To challenge people to take the next step in their spiritual journey with Christ, and equip them to make a lasting, God-honouring difference in our community and beyond.
We Are Committed To:
“He has shown you, oh people, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.” ~ Micah 6:8
- Walk Humbly with God – Encouraging personal salvation, ongoing spiritual growth and devotion to God...
- Love Mercy – Engaging in acts of service that demonstrate the love of God and meet the needs of people in our community...
- Act Justly – Equipping people to bring about change in our community and beyond...
We envision a day when Waverley Church...
- Prays boldly and expectantly that God would use us to impact and influence our community for Christ.
- Shares God’s redemptive story with the people in our community who have never heard it before, seeing hundreds cross the line of faith for the very first time.
- Serves hurting and poor families in our city compassionately in collaboration with local agencies, helping alleviate issues of poverty and social injustice in Winnipeg.
- Transforms our community with acts of service that demonstrate the love of God to people in practical and tangible ways, making South Winnipeg a better place to live.
- Supports families in our community in a meaningful way, encouraging healthy marriages and equipping parents to raise their children to love and serve Jesus.
- Provides a spiritual home to hundreds of children and teenagers, introducing them to Jesus and helping them grow in relationship with God.
- Influences young adults at the University of Manitoba and elsewhere to consider faith in Christ and invest in their spiritual growth and development.
- Lives out authentic Christian community including small groups and mentoring relationships.
- Partners with ministries in countries across the world to advance the Kingdom of God.
- Develops a new generation of leaders to confidently carry out the mission and ministry of the church.