What we believe
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the sixty-six Books, as originally written, comprising the Old and New Testaments were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error; that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal, eternal Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Father: We believe in the absolute and essential deity of the Father, in His preeminent role in the revelation of God; that He is Father primarily in light of the relationship which He sustains with the eternal Son whom He gave for the redemption of man and that He becomes our Father when we trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Christ the Son: We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit Who convinces of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates, empowers, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ. He it is Who, according to His will, gifts every believer. No one of His gifts is common to all, nor Biblically designated as the sign of true spirituality.
We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the arch-enemy of God and man.
We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death.
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered and gave His life in place of man (as the vicarious sacrifice) and that, through His death, He bore the wrath of God against sin (as the propitiation), thereby paying the penalty (providing expiation) for sin. We believe that justification (being declared right) before God is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the just and unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgment and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
The Local Church
We believe that a church is a company of immersed believers, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus and voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith and the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is a sovereign, independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts and privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the Church. We believe that its officers are pastors/elders and deacons.
We believe that there are only two ordinances for the church regularly observed in the New Testament in the following order:
- Baptism which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ's command and sets forth his identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
- The Lord's Supper which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes the two elements, bread and wine which symbolizes the Lord's body and shed blood, proclaiming His death until He come.